Massachusetts is one of the most recent states to legalize the adult use, and regulated sale and cultivation of cannabis. Foley Hoag has a unique team of attorneys with decades of experience in counseling highly regulated new industries in the Commonwealth. We have significant experience representing marijuana clients and assisted numerous clients in obtaining medical marijuana registrations under the Department of Public Health’s Medical Use of Marijuana Program. Our teams includes former leaders in the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Transportation, and Executive Office of Administration and Finance. Our attorneys also have considerable expertise in municipal matters, including local zoning, corporate formation and transactions, not-for-profit corporation regulation, data privacy, employment, banking and finance, and trademark issues related to the cannabis industry.
We have developed this blog specifically to track the creation of the regulatory framework for the cannabis industry in Massachusetts and provide insight on legal issues of concern to potential operators. Our focus will include reporting legal developments and providing commentary on:
- Legislative developments;
- Regulatory and policy enactments;
- The appointment and constitution of the Cannabis Control Commission;
- The impact of recreational cannabis regulation on the existing medical marijuana regulatory framework;
- Developments in federal law;
- Municipal issues;
- Corporate considerations;
- Employment issues; and
- Policy matters.
Other Foley Hoag Blogs
- Corporate Social Responsibility and the Law
- Energy & Cleantech Counsel
- Infrastructure & Construction Law
- IPO, Then What?
- Law and the Environment
- Massachusetts Labor & Employment Law
- Massachusetts Noncompete Law
- Medicaid and the Law
- PTAB Blog
- Security, Privacy & The Law
- State AG Insights
- Trademark and Copyright Law